XJO 0.39% 7,789.6 s&p/asx 200

Hi all!The idea of a virtual trading office is NOT crazy, nor...

1. 1,019 Posts.
    Hi all!

The idea of a virtual trading office is NOT crazy, nor pie in the sky, and I for one would respond positively to any invitation to be a part of it. We are really talking, initially, about something that's just a sophisticated and well organised share club, which hopefully grows over time into a hedge fund. Some initial thoughts for what they're worth:

1. I agree with Volts that I, and I presume most others who might be involved, don't want to change my address nor lifestyle - so a virtual office made possible by the technologies already discussed on the thread is the way to go.

2. Presumably none of us have ever met with nor spoken to any of the other potential "partners" in this venture. A period of trialing the technology and getting to know each other in this new version of the virtual world may be a good idea before more serious money is invested. An initial 'social' get together/business planning get together over a weekend in a central location (Sydney or Melbourne?) might also be a good idea. This could occur during the period in which the trading plan, business strategy etc are developed and in the meantime we carry on our trading businesses and work-lives as they are now.

3. Start small - maybe $100k start-up money. Maybe ten people involved - maximum start-up individual shareholding of say $15k and minimum of say $5k. So the full-time traders could each contribute 15% of the capital and the part-timers 5%. Everyone continues to do all of the things they do now - trading their own accounts, being a mum or dad, working for "the Man" or whatever you do. If it becomes a roaring success, then some may re-asses whether the organised hedge-fund life full-time is for them.

4. The initial planning period in which decisions are made about who to invite in; when and how meetings are held etc are crucial and we might want to consider appointing a facillitator: a founding chairperson who has the personal qualities/style and authority/respect to make some calls that everyone will accept (when often there will be no-one else to consult with.) We are fortunate to have someone who fits that description perfectly imho - Voltaire!

Anyway...I'm rambling. Peachy idea I think! I'd like to talk more about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.