LYC 2.03% $6.28 lynas rare earths limited

waste not want not, page-8

1. 1,989 Posts.
    I really like this find:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/10/nation/10709222&sec=nation

Friday February 10, 2012

Lynas: Residue from rare earth plant will be safe

KUALA LUMPUR: Lynas Malaysia Sdn Bhd says residue from its rare earth plant in Kuantan will be “safe” and can be used to build roads.

Its managing director Datuk Mashal Ahmad said the firm had succeeded in lowering the radiation level of its residue to below 1 Becquerel per gramme (Bq/g), which is similar to the radiation level in fertiliser.

“We have also proven that the residue does not leach and is not toxic.

“Therefore, it (the residue) can be used for commercial application,” Mashal said yesterday.

He added that the water leach purification residue was classified as “very low level radioactive waste” by international standards.

However, Mashal said the company still needed approval from the Atomic Energy Licensing Board (AELB) and Department of Environment before the residue could be used for commercial purposes.

He added that such usage of the residue was “not new” and common in developed countries.

Mashal said if the residue could be used commercially, there would be no need to have a permanent disposal facility.

==========

Also:

Lynas has said it will aim to ship recycled waste material to another country, if the government refuses to approve plans to use the waste as an aggregate in building projects, such as new roads, or store it permanently in Malaysia.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/malaysian-mps-repeat-demand-for-lynas-to-export-rare-earth-waste/story-e6frg9df-1226535836353

===========

Cheers Goofy:) - seems we have a TD'er lol

NB: I should have used "RESIDUE" instead of waste in my slides = no job at Lynas:( haha.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.28
Change
-0.130(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.27 $1.207M 191.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 10227 $6.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.29 13244 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.35am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.