MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

All very valid, but how about Dept Stores abroad? How are they...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    All very valid, but how about Dept Stores abroad? How are they doing? Are they all going to disappear bc of disruption? Remeber Diamaru opened its doors on Elizabeth and Latrobe nearly two decades ago? They didnt stick around long. How about all of the department stores in Japan? Let us ask, how are they still operating? Will Australia be without department stores? Will Myer go into Vol. Admin. and pave the way for oversees players? Anything can happen right!?

HC members were talking about Myer's landlords hoping to evict Myer. Stockland needs Myer desperately and if Myer sinks it will be the beginning of something very bad for REITS imo. Oroton is gone, and to quote Solly, "I think we will be seeing more going the same way in 2018". He would love to do some hard negotiating with landlords and save a dollar. The commercial real estate market is cyclical too, remeber. If bricks and mortar retail is dead, then what else?

Worryingly, the lows in an industry cycle can see companies like Myer go bust. For the sake of us holders, let's see it get through the other end.

I imagine they need to close stores, which will impact both revenue and liabilities doing forward. This is where we need some talent and experience on the board. Management until now has proven to be treacherous. Online cant offset the material effect in this case, and thats the scenario I fear will rip into the guts of Myer SP on Thursday.

I can't figure it out, but is long term debt about 130 million, with market cap sitting at 370 million? We could also have a debt covenant issue, as queried by Caliente from an AFR journal last month. Others have compared MYR to PBG MTS QAN, but that is wishful thinking. The similarities are remote.

Then there's the technicals of SP and charts. Ive only had a glimpse today, but am interested in daily and weekly charts.

There is going to be some major volatility come Thursday. Just a guess!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.010(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $665.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 81.0¢ 79.0¢ $2.299M 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10060 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 37136 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.