SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Howdy.In answer RiseB....Chargeafter is a direct competitor with...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1190
    Howdy.

In answer RiseB....Chargeafter is a direct competitor with SPLITIT in this space. They provide a white label solution to BNPL for merchants to use and banks.

I am keen to analyse this a bit more myself, and happy to post my thoughts. BTW - this has ignited my interest too as it should for probably every shareholder here. But I haven’t made my way to the fire exists yet!

VISA does a 100 Billion transaction a year. It breaks the world into 5 regions. - North America; Asia Pacific etc.

It’s general approach seems to be that each region establishes its one fin tech platforms and partnerships. So the fact that Europe has gone to ChargeAfter is not great, but it’s not necessarily (?) the end of the game. I don’t know for sure but there are likely to be security, innovation and monopolistic reasons why a company like VISA would not put all its ‘eggs in one basket’ and may have a deliberate strategy of using different fintech partners for different capabilities in different regions.

Although SPLITIT was not successful here, that is the reason I have framed my questions the way I have and haven’t exited.

The immediate takeaways from this announcement for me is that the next 10 weeks or less will be very important. With many questions probably to be answered, like:

With the Europe pilot done and now launched, are the pilots in other regions also at a close?....and will there be more announcements soon for regions such as North America?....and who will the BNPL provider be in these other regions?....am o wrong and will it be ChargeAfter everywhere.....or SPLITIT.....or ?????

If VISA is now launching, surely Mastercard don’t want to be far behind?.....and it is worth reading the language of the MC / SPLITIT deal when announced and in October, were MC refer to SPLITIT as a “global solution”, and interestingly at that time had no reference to working with any other BNPL, whereas for some time now VISA had always had ChargeAfter identified publicly as an option they were working with....So, is an MC / SPLITIT launch still likely??...and if so, is it far away?

Got to love these start ups!!

I don’t want to act like some know it all, cause I am far from that, but I do like to research on my ‘punts’ and happy to share my thoughts in case useful.

My thumbs are sore now, sorry for any typos!... so may do a bit more sharing later.
    EB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.