SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Watch This Space, page-4645

1. 831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1245
    Hi Sneef,

Lot's going on here this monring.

From what I have read - PayPal as a credit provider are using VISA as a card for issuing their credit to customers, which is great. What I think is good about this is it sought of puts the recent views that "credit cards are dead" into some question.

Now I may have missed something, so I'd be happy to be corrected.

But, from what I can see and what is actually stated PayPal are not offering a PoS BNPL solution. Their solution is a 'after purchase' solution. This is stated quite clearly on their website where they announced the VISA conection (go to the 'Installments' tab). As I say may have missed something, but I cannot see anything that clearly states they are about to offer BNPL at PoS in July.

So, an important point here is that PayPal are their own fintech / commerce platform. That is to say they do not rely on APIs from VISA or MC or anyone else for their transactions, they have developed their own. So, the use of VISA is just as a card issuer with much less reliance (compared to say a bank) on using VISA's API etc for the transactions to be able to occur.

Where I do see some light, which I suspect is what Vamos etal are getting most excited about, is that PayPal at this stage are not providing a PoS BNPL solution, but they are now using a VISA card. The natural question that emerges is......'Will PayPal introduce a PoS BNPL solution also?'.......and if so, will they use Splitit?
    Remembering though, for example, Afterpay have a Mastercard, but don't use Splitit at PoS. But, the APT PoS requires redirecting away from merchant site etc, which Splitit solution does not, and is one of its most attractive features compared to APT etal.

So, I reckon it's fair enough to assume PayPal would need a PoS BNPL solution in order to be able to compete with all the big players who do provide BNPL at PoS.

But, PayPal do make their own API's, so for me lots of questions.
    - Will they make their own PoS BNPL solution?....
    - Can PayPal come up with a solution that is better than Spiltiit without contravening patent?
    - What role does Brad and other Splitit executives being ex-Paypal play in wether Splitit could be their solution?

So, I think the speculation on this thread is they might use Splitit.....and I hope they will, but that is not stated as a 'fact' anywhere that I can see in this announcement.

On the question of wether Splitit would have to make an announcement if PayPal was to use the Splitit solution (wether as a white label or via VISA API, or not). My view is that the only reason Splitit would not announce this would be for commercial reasons (ie: PayPal dictate they can't).
    Because I do agree such news would be quite big and if Splitit wasn't bound by a commercial non-disclosure, it would be a little more than unfortunate for shareholders if Splitit wasn't to announce if they can!!

Not sure if above is clear. In short, very interesting, but nothing concrete to see here right now....but maybe?...but maybe not?

Just my thoughts from what I have read, but may have missed something.

I recall someone on here saying once...watch this space!...I do think the next 12 months will be make or break.

EB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.