SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Warning; old man ramble incoming. Everyone invests their own...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Warning; old man ramble incoming. Everyone invests their own way, but I fail to see why anyone would have bought SPT without it being a pure speculative bet, in which case you'd be out already when the SP dropped, or have a very long horizon. Anything under 5yrs would be optimistic imo.

As far as SP goes, only your buy and sell price (i.e. price in 5yrs or whatever your timeline) matters. Not the day to day price rises and drops. Unless you can save $900 like lsdHope.

What should matter is if you still believe the business will roughly be where you expected it to be in 5yrs from when you bought your shares. If you see the low revenue as indication it won't, like bene449, then get out. If you see mc or visa bnpl as a threat that narrows SPTs niche instead of the lord and saviour of SPT then that might be another reason for you.

If you expected SPTs journey to be long, with some bumps along the road you will be less surprised at how the business is travelling. In which case, selling just because the daily SP went down seems silly. SPT is definitely working through a bump in the road at the moment and I wouldn't expect the SP to turn into rockets any time soon, we don't even have a permanent CEO currently.

To me SPT is in a better position now than when I bought in, and have increased their potential with various partnerships. But they've failed to execute. They've also failed to consistently add merchants, which they require to sell their product through, which is basically what John has said as well. They've been proactive and replaced their CEO. It remains to be seen what impact that will have, if any. We still have to find out who will be at the helm on a permanent basis.

As a holder, I'll keep watching the business and not the SP, with a long term horizon. There are some flags to keep an eye on over the short term. But I haven't seen anything that says SPT can't be where I expected it to be in the long term.

tl;dr buy/sell/hold based on your analysis of SPT not the daily SP.

All imo, not financial advice, dyor etc.
    Last edited by JoeyJr: 03/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.