SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Watch This Space, page-7076

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Wow, there are allot of fresh reviews out there, I can see a large update of SPT in recent months.

I've been checking out the negative review for SPT; will a mind to see what can be done to improved.

The overall majority of negative reviews paraphrasing here "what's the point of Splitit! I've maxed out on the other BNPL companies, and I thought I'd get some more credit, but instead they locked out what little credit I have left on my card; how is this helping me at all?, I have no job and I need Xmas presents - what a horrible company".

While this seems like a negative on the surface, to me it's a positive - we don't want to loan to people who can't pay..

the headwinds seem to be:

Covid borders means the points for flights thing has hurt us; people not seeing the value in points like they once did

covid means some people lost jobs and or expenses went up (home deliveries for items like food) to avoid going out and catching disease - this straining lives and households to get big items, people hopeful Splitit more like a govt. cheque of bailout to help them get a big item, yet stretch existing credit; which of course it does allow them to get big items for no interest, but locking their interest is ouch.

merchants - still merchants are being charged a higher merchant fee, vs others (users don't care if it takes a few more clicks to setup, its fresh credit for some and for others they are new generation and don't even care to understand it as a credit model, don't have credit card and just see it like signing up for a website.

I'm not the best idea guy at moment, but here are some random thoughts ideas for SPT:

1. Partner further with the credit card companies, and where a customer complains, rather then just explain "should have read fine print" actually fast track them to their cards credit provider to extend their credit.. so sort of bot or referral to care about the customers and ride shotgun (just a little) for extending their credit. don't make it some thing in the background, make it front and centre more some how. for example if I hit checkout on the Splitit thing, and my credit card will be way more then 90% in credit (including Splitit locked credit), then give a warning before locking it -- and or give a button "extend credit".

2. Increase value add to merchants via a scaling /tier partner system - like show growth for 6 months, merchant fee reduces

3. short term merchant rewards - if you sell /promote Splitit, and become an avocate get short term prize - could be reductiojnin merchant fee, or discount on backend SPT repayments to supplier deal.

... will think on more if this is useful.

have a good weekend and hold

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.