SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Probably not. Sounds like you've made your own opinions and have...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Probably not. Sounds like you've made your own opinions and have some grasp on the bull/bear cases here. But below is my opinion, but they are similar to 12 months ago. Basically potential vs execution risk.

Bull case is in their product and the potential for that product to scale globally. In 12 months they have progressed a number of partnerships and 3rd party integrations (go back over the announcements for specifics) and overall the business is further along their growth timeline, while the business is selling far cheaper. The more that major partners like Google, QFE, tabby etc rely on SPT the stronger the case that SPT isn't going anywhere. Then the path to success is simply "when", not "if"

Bear case is they are in the growth phase and spending much more than they are making. This isn't a surprise for a company in their position but I think most would agree the take up by merchants hasn't continued to accelerate like we would have hoped. This could turn quickly if they sign the right big merchant, or extend Google partnership outside Japan etc. There's also the cloud above them of currently having an interim CEO so the long term strategy could be adjusted if they appoint someone new over the acting CEO. This is more of an unknown than a good/bad but something to consider if you are looking to re-enter now or would rather wait for this info.

TL;DR SPT is better placed than 12 months ago and has a product that can go global. The question is if they can execute on that and protect share holders in the meantime (before running out of $$, cap raises, take over bids etc)
    Last edited by JoeyJr: 22/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.