SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Watch This Space, page-7630

1. 626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    At the end of the day why both MA & V are so successful (with market caps heading towards 1/2 Trillion) is due to the speed & uptime of the card network. Both MA & V before going public were owned by the banks.
    When you use your MA or V card its the local Financial Switch that authenticates the card from one of the acquirer's terminal s & then forwards the transaction to the issuing bank.
    What could be happening my view ??? is when a merchant (who has signed up to SPT) wants to do a split
    1/ the issuing bank will debit SPT for the amount outstanding minus the first payment(like a end of day process).
    2/ the merchant receives the full payment.
    3/ SPT settles the outstanding amount with the bank.
    4/ the bank would then have to credit SPT for the remaining 3 split transactions when they are due.

Would be great to find out exactly what sort of role SPT plays in the process & how they make their revenue from each transaction ? In the scenario I outlined their is no SPT software being used by the card networks. But their is a fair bit of accounting to keep track of, getting lists of merchants who have signed up to acquirers etc & SPT could have automated the whole process which is where Alon Feit experience in the payments industry could have been used ?
    (disclaimer : do your own research ).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.