AAP 11.1% 3.0¢ australian agricultural projects limited

watch this stock, page-16

1. 1,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1549
    WE1, sorry about the late response. My earlier comment was just based on counting the 'sell' orders displayed on Commsec.

Now, almost all of those sellers have disappeared... although I did see one sell order with a million sitting there earlier today. I think that particular seller might have since decided that they might be able to get a better price, and if so I suspect they are probably right.

It is a bit of a mystery to me as to why the AAP share price is so low, apart from the obvious (being a bit of a speculative company with debt on the books). One other small agri company, Australian Natural Proteins, seems to have caught the eye of more than a few investors, despite the fact that it has no track record in agriculture.

This is not the case with AAP however, they have over ten years experience in the 'olive' business. And there is a lot to like about olives at the moment.

I noticed this report appearing on a few websites earlier this week:

...Drought and disease among olive groves in southern Europe are expected to push up the price of olive oil on supermarket shelves by as much as 20 per cent in the coming months.

Traders are warning of an imminent spike in the cost of a bottle of olive oil after last autumn’s exceptionally poor harvests, when conditions were especially bad in Spain and Italy, the two biggest producers in the world....

There are only two olive growers listed on the ASX, so any investor with a thing for olive-oil isn't exactly spoilt for choice, either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.003(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $11.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $2.087K 69.55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 118216 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 1655 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.