Well it still hasn't rained but I have quietly fixed the hose...

1. 3,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Well it still hasn't rained but I have quietly fixed the hose situation with joiner thingos and a couple of trips to Bunnings for more hoses. While doing so I discovered one of the tanks at the studio is empty already. Have changed it over and kept rather quiet about anything to do with water. I may have also (read wasted) over watered my new bee friendly garden which is adjacent to my studio a bit too enthusiastically, combined with all the visitors. English and Italian basils, euphorbias, lavender, sage and salvias and a new water bowl beside the bees (more water) and a wooden home made seat to sit on and watch them with a cup of tea. Must admit some of the visitors are rather fazed by all the bees whizzing past them.

As you may have gathered my garden and studio is my happy place and I only reluctantly share the studio. Hubby has helped with a lot of rock work and walls, ponds, the odd Belgian water pump, loads of stones and soil and **ion construction. But I prefer to spend my time pottering around it by myself, I guess you could call it meditation. The garden is separate from the rest of the property which is rainforest, some remnant, a forked and a boulder lined forked creek with a bridge over it (built by hubby) which I just adore. Sitting by the creek on a warm day, maybe weeding, maybe collecting picabeen palm seed pods ( which I weave) is something I know I'm lucky to be able to do. I have yet to manage any symmetrical weaving and my efforts are avant garde to say the least, but it doesn't really matter. I reckon we all need a connection to the land we live on and it grounds me. I have used some of the landslip clay to make a solitary bee wall and it is a winner. It forms part of one wall of the studio, near the tanks. My studio is western red cedar lined on the inside with lots of windows here and there but I have painted the exterior red (dulux sultry glance) and green (dulux robinhood). It has an open shed/dirty work space underneath it which is always a mess. It also has a lovely chinese water bowl with a fountain made of old taps and copper pipes which I also love, along the entrance/path to the studio door. Wonderful sound to hear, even if nearly all of the water tanks are low. Yep, I do most of the activities Dex mentioned except knitting, crocheting and tapestry and I am just getting into pouring fluid acrylics (def a dirty workspace activity). Business stuff is confined to the house but I do happen to have some lovely peace flags fluttering along the telephone line just outside my office window. I suppose my home is a reflection of the lifestyle hubby and I aimed for along the way, something with a bit of character. We obviously love it, hose problems included. The screen saver water exhaustion graph has been quietly replaced by the way with a lovely photo of my granddaughter, Lola

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.