RED 4.82% 39.5¢ red 5 limited

Water Quality, page-5

1. 1,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    I don't think we have been told the full impact of the tailings dam 4 disaster which occurred in April 2013. My last post showed the water discharge colour into the Dayano River from the settling ponds but there is more to this story.

A containment bund was built some 250m south west from TSF4 soon after the dam wall failed which appeared to be an attempt of containment; however again the water colour in the Magpayang River upstream is quite different in colour to downstream; why? My theory (and in my opinion only) is dam seepage must have been intense after the dam wall failed causing a substantial increase to ground water pressure. Also the comment by the MD (at the 2013 AGM) about a bulge in the rice paddy field appears to confirm the substantial increase in ground water pressure. The water had to come from somewhere and the only likely scenario IMO is the water came from tailings dam 4. However the water from the tailings dam which is to be released to the environment should of course go through the settling ponds as described in my previous post.

http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/water-quality.2795332/page-3?post_id=18094419#.V2pVoFR9671

RED quoted no breach from the tailings dam 4 failure; this statement maybe correct in regards to course grade tailings; however the change in water colour (see disclaimer below) suggests a possible higher particulate concentration in the Magpayang river by some means.

In conclusion; the failure of tailings dam 4 was IMO a disaster which should not have occurred if the dam was operated within design guidelines. I have quoted regulations (the 2009 EIS) that the mine site should have abided by to protect the environment and local community; however the freely available satellite imagery depicts IMO a more descriptive story of actual events surrounding the failure of tailings dam 4; of course make your own opinion and DYOR.

Ref the 2009 EIS Greenstone Resources
    http://contracts.ph-eiti.org/suppor...-2002-XIII, 2002/EIS_Greenstone Resources.pdf

Disclaimer; satellite imagery may show colours that do not represent actual topography; please DYOR. My opinions only based on my visual interpretation of satellite imagery; my comments in no way specify that particulate matter above government guidelines was released into the Magpayang River river on the date of the satellite images were taken.

Ref http://www.flashearth.com/
    Comments and lines in yellow on the image are IMO.
    Im_2013_Bund.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
-0.020(4.82%)
Mkt cap ! $2.686B
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.0¢ 39.0¢ $9.181M 23.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 1243803 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 139143 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.