water tables tumbling, page-3

1. 13,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Whoops I just made some really big decisions based on soem of the Earth Institute's 'scaremongering'. Long corn, long wheat out to Dec 06. Mind you it was only information that confirmed what I know is actually happening on the ground. Oil prices are constricting output. No two ways about it.

The funny thing is that your sort of reaction to the information that is avialable and well sourced in Lester's 'Outgrowing the Earth' book reminds me of those spruiking against the peak oilers a few years back. They are never right with timing but they are right about the eventual scenarios. Certainly the money has flowed to back those scenarios. It is just starting with grain and whether you want to believe it to be doomsday or not is irrelevant because it is happening now. Just look at sugar futures. Supply fundamentals have been sweet until this energy crisis came along.

All the evidence I need is the global ending stocks for the respective grains for 05, the ramping of biofuel production, the massive cost increases incurred by producers. I can confirm none of this heresay and I am not a member of the Earth Policy Institute.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.