CTP 0.00% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

way over valued headed for free fall to 8 cent, page-14

1. 162 Posts.
    robjb5, I think this is as much a day trading stock as any other with a low spread & suitable volatility. It just results in noise (& sometimes a lot of it!), which one needs to be able to ignore if one takes a long term view. I think the volatility of recent days is due mainly to the press coverage received, rather than the Prime fiasco. If you believe you can accurately decipher share trading patterns to come to your conclusions then all good to you! Does not work for me. David25 has some valid points (except for them being overvalued IMHO!). If there are repeated failures in the drilling program, it will all go to *&^%. A failure on the first will be painful also, but not the end.
    FWIW, I am not a day trader, but looking long term. This is the first Aussie stock I've bought since landing here some months ago. I have looked at many. Most of my investments are long term oil plays. I am well ahead at present, and hope to remain so given the long term future of the OP. A few (very few) of my holdings are very early stage (i.e no production) explorers such as CTP. I have a decent holding in TRP (UK), which are some way behind CTP. At the end of the day, it is pretty much a coin toss at this point in time. Except CTP now have a number of coin tosses to be made, and whilst it has taken some time to get to this point, they are are tensing their thumb ready to flick. If you have confidence in the company's ability to poke a hole in the right spot then this is a pretty good bet, based on the acreage they have & the timescales involved (i.e. it's happening very shortly rather than next year). I have visited the offices & met some of the staff (& no, I'm not an insider trader either). I've put some money in. As you say: the basic,underlying fundamentals for CTP are some of the best that we have encountered in many a long year..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $2.624K 53.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 980647 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 189266 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.