CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

Well said rob. David, IMO right now the company is undervalued...

1. 609 Posts.
    Well said rob.

David, IMO right now the company is undervalued not overvalued as suggested, based on fundamental grounds - especially in comparison to the broader market.

Many companies with less than favourable targets/prospects, sovereign risk, financial position and management credibilty (to name a few) are sitting there trading on much higher sp values & market caps (some with substantially more shares on issue aswell). Many of these aren't even drilling for 12 months, and the targets relatively small. As a trader your probably aware of a few as you'd more than likely be investing in stocks with high liquidity.

Like rob, over the past few years I have not come across any ASX listed company with such substantial prospects and with solid fundamentals to back it up.

For me - Investing in CTP is investing in a story, its not a stock i'll purchase now, dump tomorrow and then forget about whilst moving onto the next.

Regarding the comment about price support; I see support at 19c based on the trendline, then 18c on the 200 day exponential moving average and also doubling on top of that, 18c again as we have the 50% fib retracement. The market depth is relatively strong aswell at these levels.

On the negative side though we do have converging DMS -D1 and +DI and an increasing ADX, a downward sloping OBV and MACD, RSI and Stochastic weakness.

This can all change though, but initially looking, if we do not find support at 19/18c then we could head down to obvious lower supports though it will not be significant.

Any firm weakness will be seen as a buying opportunity given the closeness of the spud.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.