wayne swan gone, page-17

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Labor has failed badly in promoting its achievements in office. Wait till the carbon tax legislation is finzalised and I do hope the government will, for a change, explain effectively to the public the why of the tax and the compensation put in place to cushion any price increases.

Two years is a long time. The tide of public opinion can be turned around significantly within that period. You will find that the next election will be as close as the one in 2010.

All the gloating here from the right wingers will turn to anguish in probably a year's time.

Also, it does not matter if it is Gillard who will still be at the head of this government, or Rudd, or someone else. The important strategic importance is it will still be a Labor government, not a Liberal government, heading into an election with the advantages of incumbency, no matter how small it is in the current climate of polarization.

So much has been talked about the pivotal position of Queensland in the next election outcome. I hope Bob Katter's Australian Party will make hefty inroads in coalition territory, splitting conservative votes, drawing them away from the LNP.

I think in the next session of parliament, the Liberals will not be able to create mischief in the Senate and that will be a big plus for the government.

This silly ranting of "Wayne Swan gone" is just being silly. he will still be around after the next election.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.