QHL 1.92% 26.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

The level of "activation maintenance" (my name for it) is...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    The level of "activation maintenance" (my name for it) is dependent on the level of storage that the aircraft was placed into when grounded. Deep storage requires quite a bit of maintenance to get going as the aircraft has remained dormant for the entire time, and aircraft don't like doing this - they're design to fly more or less 24/7. Lighter levels or storage mean the aircraft gets fired up, runs some systems and gets rolled around to ensure the tires don't get out of shape, etc. These require less maintenance to get flying again. Quickstep isn't going to get any work out of the reactivation of the aircraft put into storage as that work needs to be done on site at the storage location. That's why you'll probably find the storage locations are also FAA Part-something certified repair locations as well. What Quickstep would get is repair work to anything that's been broken whilst in storage, which isn't likely to be much unless someone has driven a truck or something into an aircraft (or banged a couple of aircraft together when parking them).

What Quickstep bought from Boeing is a component repair facility. Their source of work is from breakages or failures from in service aircraft, or components that are found to be defective during scheduled maintenance checks (A, B, C and D checks). So unless the aircraft being reactivated is going to get a letter check, then I can't see much work coming our way. This business is only going to be getting opportune maintenance until the aviation industry is back in full swing. And considering Australia seems to have made a meal of dealing with COVID and has (what is in my opinion) a ridiculous 'zero-COVID' policy with individual state governments shutting borders willy nilly, the aviation industry isn't going to recover any time soon. (Disclaimer I'm an expat living in Canada now).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.