XJO 0.76% 7,921.3 s&p/asx 200

wayward's lunching with mum - friday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning Trendsetters

Heading into the Fremantle doctor.

The Westy's term for the relief derived from the cool south westerly afternoon sea breeze.

Jeez XJO'ers, hard time keeping a PF under the belt. Sold my little lunch pack of AGO and WBC Tuesday morning after holding a whole week.

At the coal face

I'd be interested to know how many of the XJO thread followers also work - aside from the trading.

I've mentioned a few times - the area that my business, my day job is in is discretionary spending. The three main factors that affect it's health - in this environment - are:

1/ Interest rates
    2/ Confidence.
    3/ Disposable income.

While the government has been saying that our economy is healthy and resilient, this sector has been in darker times than during the real recession of the Keating era.

Government is out of touch with the economic coal face. My tax bill will be half this year because that's what I'm earning...half...I'm not alone....and the tax office and more to the point, Swan doesn't know this yet.

You may think that my situation is isolated- it's not, my competitors claim the same. In Western Australia, half the people walking through my front door are employed in the mining industry.

How on earth does anyone stay in business who is not in a mining state, I feel sorry for them.

On an interesting side note, we market to people with tattoos. What do tattoos have to anything? If they can afford a tattoo, they can afford to discretionary spend. We show people with tattoos in our advertising.

What am I drivelling on about? I'm not really on my soap box (for a change), and this does relate to the fundamentals of stocks (look at HVN,MYR, Davey Jones,JBH) and spill onto banks,non mining manufacturing and building.

The small business sector saw the real state of the economy years ago - since Kevin 07 really. I don't think we are climbing out of this hole anytime soon unless we see the following.

1/ A much lower Aust. dollar.
    2/ Lower taxes and definitely no more envy taxes
    3/ Inspirational leadership who reward productivity.

Trendy of the day

Speaking off layabouts. We got off on the wrong foot the first time he was up. It was called 'Exaggeration of emotion Friday'. Now he's layabouting with his mum for lunch - one of the very best people to spend time layabouting with.

Wayward - of course insiders know he is really Fred McMurray (Look it up STU and CF)

'I decided to let them battle it out (Ed. with regards to bull and bear indicators) and took my Mum out to lunch :)' WAYWARD

Good on ya Wayward - why Wayward?

Good luck today trendys

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.