WBC 1.29% $30.71 westpac banking corporation

WBC price target $41, page-380

1. 12,229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    Whilst I'm not downplaying the overall impact of the coronavirus, its also worth looking at it in perspective.
    Ten Australians have been diagnosed with the coronavirus in Colorado USA, another three of the group have refused to be tested. ( Possibly due to the cost).
    It seems that they weren't concerned as they thought they only had the usual skiers sniffles and now in isolation  are more concerned about the fact they were running low on chardonnay.

"Williams said two of the group were aged in their 70s but were "not badly affected" but most in the group were aged in their 50s.

"It's a very serious thing, we've been lucky that it hasn't hit us very hard," she said. "The worst thing was I ran out of chardonnay but luckily the local grog shop will deliver," she said.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-despite-confirmed-cases-20200314-p54a08.html

These are obviously healthy individuals, unlike some of the elderly in China and Italy who died.

Westpac may have further to fall with the global panic, but those that buy these levels and/or lower will make good money in the future, sometimes a market correction is good to get rid of the froth and bubble bringing back true value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.