WBC 0.26% $27.13 westpac banking corporation

For what its worth, I sold out my WBC shares last Friday to lock...

1. 222 Posts.
    For what its worth, I sold out my WBC shares last Friday to lock in my profits gained since late June. I did this more due to the global situation and my personal outlook of the world markets from later this year when people in the USA might start selling their shares to get a lower tax rate on their gains than they would after 1 January 2013. You know what they say about sneezing and catching a cold.

The WBC trend since June also looks like it might be weakening.

Shannon, the article about the bull topping is excellent and bookmarked this website last year. They called that 2011 market downturn last year as a correction in the bull market since March 2009 and not the beginning of a bear market as the media was sprucing. Its good to have a rational voice through the turmoil.

Now they are calling that we may be at the top (for the USA) of the bull market. While I think there may be room for the ASX uptrend to continue for the next couple of months, with this outlook in mind I'm planning to save up my pennies and keep my powder mainly dry until the next low in a couple of years. If that turn of events does come then WBC will be a great income stock to hold for the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.13
Change
-0.070(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $94.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.22 $27.36 $27.11 $81.36M 2.992M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $27.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.19 394 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.