WBT 2.00% $1.96 weebit nano ltd

WBT Industry Related Off Topic., page-120

1. MTV
    1,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601

@writer

28nm is something of an industry standard currently, bit it already dates back about a decade. Anything smaller than that is currently referred to as an 'advanced' node.

I believe the smallest scale that has so far been demonstrated is 2nm. Equipment is currently being installed and production at this node may start next year. They are already talking about 1.4nm. At these scales we are coming up against the theoretical limits of semiconductor technology as individual devices on the chip are only in the order of 10 atoms across.

I believe most advanced fabs are still working at about the 14nm and 10nm nodes. One thing to be aware of, is that at these advanced nodes there is no longer much agreement on node definitions, so one fab's 10nm node may be pretty similar to another's 14nm node. I get the impression that WBT are confident that they can scale down at least to these nodes, which would then match current DRAM.

By that time though, DRAM will have jumped down another node or two. However, WBT's ReRAM would nevertheless be by far the most compact non-volatile memory ever developed - and also the fastest, lowest power consumption, and probably greatest endurance and longest retention (certainly more than any other silicon technology). Flash will look pretty clunky by comparison.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
-0.040(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $364.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.98 $1.98 $1.91 $1.167M 595.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2014 $1.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.96 927 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.03pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.