WQG 0.68% $1.48 wcm global growth limited

pros and cons to both. despite past good performance from the...

1. 3,457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    pros and cons to both.
    despite past good performance from the manager for a decade, the LIC ( although only ASX listed last year ) keeps trading at a discount to NTA. they are currently at about a 5 or 6 % discount to pretax NTA that was announced June 30 ( pre tax 1.196, current share price 1.12 ). the true discount is likely to be bigger as USA markets have risen in recent days.
    this despite the growth stocks indices outperforming the value stocks indices for the past decade by a lot.
    so if you buy at a discount to NTA you MIGHT be getting a bargain if the discount ever reduces or turns
    to a premium to NTA. if they did ever trade at a premium I would certainly not buy in, and if I was a holder would be very tempted to sell out in favour of the ETMF.
    but, being a growth stocks manager, when a correction or bear market comes along, I suspect they may trade at even bigger discount to NTA as people bail out of growth stocks managers in favour of value stocks.
    at least with the ETMF, you know you will always be buying or selling at NTA.
    the advantage with the LIC is that you are much more likely to receive franked dividends and a smoother gradually increasing dividend return , whereas ETMFs more likely to be choppy and unfranked,
    but I don't invest internationally for the sake of dividends.
    you could buy a bit of both, depending on where LIC price is relative to NTA.
    my personal preference is for the ETMF . but I wouldn't allocate a lot to growth type stocks at this stage
    of the market cycle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.010(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $262.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.48 $1.47 $104.6K 71.14K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 21762 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.48
  Change
0.010 ( 0.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.48 $1.48 $1.48 612
Last updated 14.15pm 06/05/2024 ?
WQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.