WDS 1.38% $24.36 woodside energy group ltd

WDS on a roll, page-11

1. 3,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 529
    If we think Australia has problems, you should see the US. For the last 4 weeks I have been in LA, Seattle and Portland, all in West Coast states and as far as I have heard, are all held by Democrats. I first traveled out here 30 years ago and have been back multiple times in between.
    There's always been the homeless pottering around LA, especially the beach areas between Santa Monica and Venice Beach, but this time there were more, scattered around sleeping on the beach with their bundles of possessions. There had been a random shooting on the beach the night before I strolled by, two girls shot in the legs by a crazy.
    Drive into Hollywood and Downtown, now there are dilapidated "camper vans" permanently parked at various places that apparently police are not allowed to move on.

Seattle was worse with lots of tents setup under bridges, etc. I hear it is worse downtown. Apparently lots of drugs.

Portland was absolutely shocking! Vagrants camping on sidewalks, sleeping on public benches, outside restaurants and regular folks just walking by as if they were not there. Downtown they were standing around in groups like zombies, stoned or stunned, who knows. Most looked like weatherbeaten ~30 year olds, some much older. The women (say 10% of the zombies) looked tearfully resigned to their fate, walking with their "protector".
    Downtown was a fairly upmarket area, but I'd estimate 20% of the people there were vagrants/addicts milling around, the other 80% regular folks with toddlers, etc, going about their business as if all was fine. I just got the hell out because it was not fine, even though I was never threatened.

I asked various locals and they say, this what you get when you:
    - legalise drugs,
    - give handouts to people who don't want to work,
    - are soft on crime,
    - have BLM protests and blame police for brutality such that they avoid doing their job to reduce risk to themselves (it was a black motel owner that told me that)
    - treat non-productive people better than productive members of society
    - tax the "rich" to feed the "poor"
    - etc.

A Chinese woman I chatted to who was very knowledgeable, blamed it on Biden who has no economic experience and a short term political mindset. She was a fervent Trump supporter, and it was difficult to argue against her various justifications.
    I came away thinking, the democrats are wrecking the cities and Trump would definitely be less worse.
    The media CNN/Bloomberg/Democrats know he is their biggest threat and hate him and are scouring the gutter for any dirt to try make it stick.
    My guess is a backlash by the law abiding citizens is coming at the next polls; but then they're the country that can't get rid of guns.

Right now I have one sleep to go and am in Hermosa Beach area, what a breath of fresh air in comparison. If you ever go to LA, suggest you stay here or Manhattan Beach area. Lovely broad walk along the beach with regular people.
    Have been running every day.

Looking forward to Perth, much cleaner, lovely beaches, bike paths and much less people problems. And Woodside, printing money to help pay for an expensive US trip (prices are steep).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$24.36
Change
-0.340(1.38%)
Mkt cap ! $46.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$24.40 $24.50 $24.13 $170.0M 6.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2150 $24.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$24.38 50100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.