WDS 1.26% $27.28 woodside energy group ltd

Haven't done that much recent reading specifically on WDS of...

1. 3,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    Haven't done that much recent reading specifically on WDS of late;
    I just thought the graph was a good one so I posted it (note also that one can increase the timescales and get the band to curve down as well);
    it is not the only graph or report that forecasts gas will be stronger in the coming years;
    I have held WPL for a long time and I added substantial to oil and gas when oil was down and even free for a short period - this has worked out so far;
    WPL sold most gas into Asia, and in Asia the gas price always seems to be linked to (i.e. priced off) the oil price; I think the link is not hard and fast in that there may be upper and lower bounds on contracts where gas and oil price diverge;I have seen (can't quote source) that for WPL a given % change in the oil price had up to twice as much impact on the bottom line as the same % change in the spot gas price;
    "oil and gas" are commonly bunched together, and should follow the same trend;I am not an expert or an analyst and I don't have finer detail or comments on this other than to say I think WDS should be good over the next few years and div if nothing else should hold up the sp;
    my view is that supply will be limited because of climate change / esg driven lack of investment, while demand will hold up even as we move to alternative energies; I am assuming this transition is not as easy as everyone seems to think; so I think there may well continue a basic supply demand driven increase in oil and gas prices (as we have been seeing in public enemy number one, coal); this is apart from Russia etc...
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4552/4552631-585354c0eee0f72de5d3b81b09ad5c2e.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.28
Change
0.340(1.26%)
Mkt cap ! $51.79B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.32 $27.37 $27.17 $121.2M 4.450M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1150 $27.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.28 28506 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.