WDS 2.25% $25.49 woodside energy group ltd

You're correct. I get confused with the HY / FY, first half /...

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    You're correct. I get confused with the HY / FY, first half / second half terms. It's "second half" for me, only because we're currently in the second half of the calendar year! The US system of writing the month first, then the day also confuses me and I need to actively translate to day/month! Thanks for pointing that out to others. It's an important distinction for WDS dividend payments.

A lot of my stocks (in particular, ANZ and three REITs) pay the same amount every 3 or 6 months like clockwork. I need to be more careful.

@Moonshine66, that's true about new WDS holders from BHP. I was thinking of that when I posted. Maybe they are overseas shareholders who had bottom-drawer BHP shares. Also, Peter is active on the CLW REIT forum, in which we both are unit holders. I respect his well-researched, intelligent opinions on A-REITS, CLW and the broader economy. If he's unsure about a WDS dividend it's not through laziness. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me

One last point, about WDS, I'm pleasantly surprised how well the share price has held up vs. the super-majors in the past few months. It's almost a reverse of the Dogside 2020-21 period where we lagged badly behind and were hit hard with every piece of bad news. Recently, even when XOM, CVX, COP, etc have fallen and oil fell, we've held up pretty well the next day. I suspect the dividend yield and soft $AU is helping.

One last point, Meg has totally surpassed my expectations as CEO. With all the transformation, ESG, taking on what l think was/is her first CEO role....I can't fault her. She's earned some credit points in my book. We're not selling down Sangomar. I would have liked to see that project de-risked. But she also gets the benefit of the doubt from me! I'm really looking forward to the profit announcement. An exciting few weeks ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$25.49
Change
0.560(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $48.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.23 $25.63 $25.15 $99.44M 3.899M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1100 $25.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$25.50 2100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.