WDS 1.36% $26.87 woodside energy group ltd

WDS too cheap?, page-411

1. 7,309 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1075
    eek.pngso let me get this straight, in your opinion CEO's should be appointed or fired based on what the short term charts are saying?

Lets get back to some basic facts:
    a) WDS acquired top tire BHP oil assets before the commodities sector had its run. By definition, because of the uncertainty, the acquisition, now with the benefit of hindsight, was done on favourable terms. ie historical uncertainty meant the agreed pricing for the transfer of the assets was lower than what would occur in the current environment. Regardles of ones opinion of Meg, this will benefit WDS for many years to comesmile.png

b) analyst consensus of future earnings have recently been trending as a stablelisation up:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4677/4677049-c6ce3a609eece6b0b7bca9e930429548.jpg

For the traders out there, I have no comment, yes maybe WDS will suddenly trade under $30, maybe it will, maybe it wont.
    In the short term the market is a voting machine, and as a voting machine, short term pricing can be influenced by many factors that have absolutely nothing to do with the underlying intrinsic value of the company.

By why on earth would an intelligent investor sell, pay capital gains tax, all in the hope that somehow maybe in the short term the price will trade under $30.
    If this doesn't occur, then not only has the position been lost, but also capital gains tax needs to be paid. This means for the intelligent investor, the price that needs to be paid in the future to require the position is
    a) dividends forgone
    b) capital gains tax on position
    c) market share price at time of re-entering.

That's a hell of a lot of risk for an investor to take, when the intrinsic value is undervalued.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.87
Change
-0.370(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $51.01B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.22 $27.53 $26.87 $146.8M 5.422M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 19072 $26.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.95 483 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.