WDS 0.14% $28.21 woodside energy group ltd

WDS too cheap?, page-745

1. 3,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    Good question @Rustycage
    I am a much more recent holder than you, so my average is about $30 (all purchased in 2022).
    Here is my thesis for the future - for what it is worth - and I will learn more if you intelligently shoot it down (rather than praise it), so I do seek your critical opinion.
    Current situation:
    PE about 7.5
    Div Yield about 8.5% ff ie about 12% grossed up.
    Those numbers look pretty good to me, and if production, revenue and profit and dividend were sustainable, then a sp upside of 50% is well justified. IMO.
    So how sustainable are those numbers??
    Production seems to be increasing modestly and there are a number of significant projects that could provide step-wise improvements.
    Revenue has improved in last year with higher Oil Price which has eased but not fallen greatly, and I don't see a dramatic fall in Oil Price (Arabs and others want to keep it up) [ barring fall of Putin's Russia followed by removal of all sanctions and encouragement of Russian O&G production by USA and west to create revenue to pay for rebuilding Ukraine and Russia, and drive down USA gasoline prices for popularity/election purposes] .
    Most LNG cargoes have yet to receive the benefits of higher LNG prices, and more will be sold in next few years at elevated spot pricing.
    Operating costs seem well contained.
    Debt is very low.
    So operating profits seem sustainable.
    Ditto dividends.
    There are some significant/major capital costs coming up, but the company is generating cash, and the ability to enter into long-term contracts with European/UK gas buyers at good prices seems to be a sellers market, and this also means that there should be opportunities to partially sell-down new projects should WDS wish to do so.
    So I do not have concerns re funding of upcoming capital needs.
    I am holding with a 3-5 year view at present (possibly much longer if WDS continues to progress its opportunities).

Last edited by curiouswon: 01/11/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.21
Change
-0.040(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $53.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.53 $28.57 $28.21 $128.2M 4.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 63674 $28.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.23 18595 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.