LTR 0.55% 91.5¢ liontown resources limited

I’d be interested to know if anyone has. Spoke to James Fuller...

1. 138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    I’d be interested to know if anyone has. Spoke to James Fuller earlier this week. Spoke about several possibilities as to what Albermarle’s next course of actions may be and what chances stood for them for a hostile takeover, the implications of their possible actions and the general sentiment within the company.

Just as expected, it was very comforting to know that the management are digging their heels in and fighting this battle on behalf of all the loyal shareholders. Although many of you know this already and is nothing new to you, he said it would be extremely difficult for Albermarle for a hostile takeover given the total shares that are in possession of TG, his friends, family, BOD and his close aides combined. It is even more comforting to know that retail holders combined make up for a significant percentage of holdings - we are with TG all the way and are determined not to give them away. I reiterated our support to the BOD and the management.

One possibility, however, that I see is plausible is Albermarle getting their hands on the instos’ shares (that have substantial holdings) - the likes of JP Morgan (they are acting on behalf of Albermarle), State Street, HSBC, GS by doing some sort of a deal behind the scenes. However, the good news is that even if they were to do that, it’s difficult to get past 30% (and that’s a worst-case scenario assumption in that the big instos sell 100% of their positions), which is unlikely (but possible) as they all see the potential in Liontown and the possibilities that are there for them by simply being in it for a little longer. One thing’s for sure - there is nothing to worry about as we have top-class management, they can also play the game of chess and it’s not their first rodeo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.5¢
Change
0.005(0.55%)
Mkt cap ! $2.218B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 94.0¢ 88.0¢ $20.59M 22.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 48924 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 187120 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.