DEG 4.76% $1.21 de grey mining limited

We are building a Mine Baby..., page-21

1. 30,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1834
    Yep for sure. Everyone has different risk appetite.

FWIW I have been through a long haul with AZS and defended the company when others were sledging it because of key factors, being quality of management, quality of exploration skills, prospectivity etc.

- However. -
    It is also true that retail investors pick up the slack and provide security while eventually the stock gets taken over.
    OK it's a bird in the hand but it also deprives you of seeing the whole thing to maturity.
    Like @NoImSpartacus I'm a bit fed up with this as a patient punter, and I want both capital gain and dividend payers.

On this he has made some sound points.

Indeed, why did DEG not:
    - 'JV' it?
    - take a slower (but more sure route) to develop incrementally like Capricorn Metals? Barton Gold?

It does look like they're setting this up for a takeover.

The reason why the SP is slow might be because the big money is taking note that Jim Chalmers has made noises he wants to amend foreign investment rules for the FIRB. I got the impression he would have liked to refuse the takeover of AZS but didn't have the levers to pull.

I personally wouldn't have minded it being blocked because I wanted to see it through, as it's a colossal new Li province. Why should ordinary shareholders be cruelled for long term benefit and get the cheap as chips result?
    Regardless, that wasn't Chalmers' concern, I would think he is more concerned about where the Li ends up, preferably not in Chinese hands.

Regardless of all this speculationI personally don't want another huge capital gain this side of the new financial year.
    I keep finding stocks that have been on my watch list who are candidates for that kind of a sugar hit.
    It's an OK problem to have, I guess....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
0.055(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $2.899B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.19 $9.324M 7.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 33645 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 12149 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.