OXR oxiana limited

OXR can get out of this deal for $55 million - a fraction of the...

1. 2,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    OXR can get out of this deal for $55 million - a fraction of the value lost (and which woud be recovered) since the deal was announced. Why they do not do so is beyond me. The board is creating themselves as the "sitting duck" for cheap takeover. I hear all the stuff about "wait a few months, a few years, etc... it will be $5" but I am a long term shareholder who supported the "great OH" and the "great Ox" two years ago. For all the b/s, ("stronger forever", "we ae only at half time", blah blah) and the wild ups-and-downs in the meantime, I am still behind!! Two years ago, this stock was $3.50; a year ago it was 3.40, now it is sub $3!! Think about that - facts speak for themselves.

In view of the way that shareholders are being treated with this terrible merger (which is worth at least a billion less than it was), I would support a takeover around $4, and be thankful for it. Also, if any shareholders feel strongly enough to form a protest group, I would join that too. The OXR board is irresponsible for not aborting this deal by now - they should be made to hear the views of the shareholders who never got a say, and to be held culpable for the massive damage they are inflicting on a potentially great Aussie company!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.