CAI 0.00% 10.5¢ calidus resources limited

I asked a health professional I know to take a look at PNO for...

1. 2,892 Posts.
    I asked a health professional I know to take a look at PNO for me....and these are her thoughts, which I found interesting and valid.

1. It sounds very promising in its claims, though aside from testimonials there are no published research papers on its efficacy despite being around for 20 years or so. Which is also a long time to not be fully embraced by the market and medico world if that powerful.

2. In fact on searching, NO clinical trials have come up for the active ingredient Tripeptofen, or the patented MBL-TL substance, or even for bovine plasma peptides in the context of pain relief cream,so no evidence means no proof. (and with my cynical hat on, most of the search results are stock exchange pages or share forums... )

3. It seems they don't actually need to provide proof to the TGA because of the history of use which assumes safety and efficacy, whereas if it was a new product they'd have to supply certain levels of evidence to become a TGA registered product. Clever. And this is how they're by-passing the process in the states too which I understand has recently had some licensing deals done?

4. They refer to clinical trials being conducted at Curtin Uni in WA and through their company Cambridge Scientific back in 2004 and 2005, but then there's a big gap in time and no results published anywhere on the net, on any of Pharmanet's or MBL's sites. What happened to these trials?

5. Peptides and plasma-based substances are a newer field of treatment, particularly for tissue repair and rejuvenation (the lucrative anti aging market), but I have to ask if it was THAT effective with "pain relief experienced in 30-40 seconds", why isn't it being routinely used and dispensed in the hospital environment, or more potent forms prescribed by GP's eg for arthritis and by all physiotherapists etc if it's been around so long?

6. Regarding the formula, it seems like it would be effective at face value with its various mineral components, fabulous for joints. Personally i dont like the idea of using cow plasma components on my body.

To be fair, I just want more info to back up the claims, ie info on exactly which biochemical pathways it's acting on- only found reference to it being higher up on the inflammatory cascade, and it's action isn't just about blocking pain receptors but promoting healing of tissue which sounds great, but how exactly?

I have no doubt that it probably works and happy to go buy some and personally try it to test before I'd recommend to my patients.

But look, if it was my investment, I'd be asking why they haven't conducted, published and promoted the evidence to back up all the claims, on their website and in all press releases/PR, as that alone is THE major selling point for anything health based if it's to be embraced by the medical world. The public however are pretty gullible and love well-marketed promises, especially in that 6:30 pm timeslot.

If they did this then sales would go through roof and would open the door for all the future therapeutic product lines they could develop.

Kiril.

I hold

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $85.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $42.03K 398.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 1631596 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 463235 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.