CAI 0.00% 10.5¢ calidus resources limited

we have turned the corner, page-29

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Kiril – your friend imo is pretty spot on with what she has said.

There are no published research papers correct – but there are descriptions of what might be called basic pilot studies in various patent applications and dribs and drabs in PNO annual reports.

She is correct that PNO did not have to have to provide evidence of efficacy to be registered. But this loophole has now closed. Unless PNO come up with evidence – it will be removed from the registered list. There are around 200 registered CAMs – a handful have now currently passed the test (including Blackmores Flexagil). The list can be found here:

http://www.tga.gov.au/industry/cm-basics-regulation-evaluation.htm

Whether proper evidence helps sell CAMS is a bit debatable – most consumers have not made the distinction between the L and R approvals and so it has not been in companies interest to spend the money on research. Instead they have spent it on marketing – TT shows – CAMS quacks on the radio etc.

The big problem that PNO and other CAMS face is that there is a big shake-up coming. Even getting a listing is going to be more difficult.

“But now the TGA has drafted a new document that redefines what constitutes evidence for listed products and the CAM industry is crying the end is nigh! Under the proposed changes, applicants must now complete an expert report, consisting of a review of the scientific evidence going back at least ten years and sourced from Medline and at least one other database. According to the draft document; “.. an applicant….must provide an objective report that contains a comprehensive analysis of the data relating to the proposed listable indication…”

http://scepticsbook.com/2012/06/03/more-hollow-legislation-from-the-tga/

If PNO were to get audited, say following a complaint from just one average joe blow – will their objective report – and comprehensive analysis pass the test. My feeling is that CAMHS skeptics are gearing up to knock off CAMS companies that stick their heads up in the media too much (eg Sensaslim) one by one.

After accumulated losses of around $25m shareholders may wonder whether if a little bit had been spent on some proper trials with positive results everyone could sleep easy – as Blackmores are.

And you can bet that the opportunity to knock off all the little CAMS players that drain their profit won’t have escaped the attention of the big players. If I ran Blackmores and Thermalife started eating into my sales of Flexagil I know exactly what I would be doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $85.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.5¢ $5.408K 51.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 3292129 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 21252 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.10am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.