We just had the World's Hottest Day!, page-232

1. 11,738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    My arrogance? Gee that post was a good example of pig headed arrogance...lol

What makes you the arbiter of what's best for them? I bet you've had very little contact with them at all other than those who choose to live in cities .

Try going to Arnhem Land or other community areas and see how the majority of first Australian's exist, and ask them how they would like a bit of pride back into their lives. As I keep saying which doesn't sink in is that it's the oldest living culture on the planet which is expected by people like you to walk away from that and embrace western way of life, all within a few generations. You're kidding yourself and it's a delusional prospect.
    They deserve a say in how they live, just like everybody else in this country, and they need support, just like everybody else in this country when required. The voice gives them a say in how they go forward, something which has been missing until now due to the folly that Pollies know best.
    Give them a voice so the opportunities can be provided in a way that works for them. Opportunities will bring self sufficiency and pride, and a reason to wake up every day. Stop forcing western ideals on them or expecting them to be just like you, as that is just ignorant to the reality.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.