MQG 0.26% $203.40 macquarie group limited

anyone believing an analyst is foolish imo.these guys have no...

1. TBE
    3,734 Posts.
    anyone believing an analyst is foolish imo.
    these guys have no real idea. they dont conduct real analysis. they take what the company gives them, look at what everyone else is saying and then put the finger up in the air to gauage market sentiment. plus/minus a few percent from consensus; voila you have your forecast. that is not analysis.

how anyone thinks they can predict earnings to slide 2% is just really impressive. i dont know anyone who can predict their business profit to within 2% accuracy, 12 months out. these guys are frauds. they go tto the same investor presentations held by a company, read the same economic data that most of us have access to and then come up with some ridiculous forecast, which will be re-forecast the closer they get to reporting season and with company earnings updates. that is just blowing int he wind.

wtf is neutral anyway? since when have you conducted a neutral transaction. you are either advocating a buy or a sell. there is no neutral. hell id love to have put all of my stocks on neutral around last august, just long enough to ride out this bear market.

lets face it; it has been 1 whole year sinc credit markets froze and these guys have come out smelling like roses. absolutely no problem whatsoever. even managed to grwo earnings. they have been through numerous crises and have never suffered a material loss.

i dont understand the ins and outs of their accounts and i dont believe anybody else does to be honest. the best one can do is understand what they do on a conceptual level and trust their track record.

they have proven themselves to be very astute and shrewd operators. no wonder they are envied.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$203.40
Change
0.520(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $77.70B
Open High Low Value Volume
$204.18 $204.49 $202.50 $105.9M 520.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 827 $203.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$203.43 109 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.