"We know" - Wafflehead, page-12

1. 6,686 Posts.
    That's a fair response and I'm sorry I did not see this to respond earlier.

Nice line, Which know is the know that we know? Reminds of that Donald Rumsfeld line.

It can be argued that the linage of humanity is as old as life itself. We have been evolving along with the universe for a long time, maybe eternally, maybe in some great cycle of coming into being and then going out and coming again as the cycle repeats. Regardless we are subject to the Will of God and the reality we are subject to has a Cause. Nothing happens by accident as far as evolution or Creation is concerned.

When did Eve live, or rather, did a single female at some point in history produce the Mito DNA that led to the genetic profile of the human race, or its females anyway? I don't know and it doesn't matter because this is not a religious question. We have science to refine our understanding here, the Eve from Genesis is not being presented as literally the first woman, she was not made from a rib, just as Genesis is not presenting a literal presentation of how life began. Genesis is a symbolic, spiritual story with profound meanings that far exceed turning it into a story about a Flood and talking snakes and death.

No Christian today is bound by belief to a literal Genesis, believing in God and Jesus is not conditional on believing Genesis is literal, something that is utterly impossible, contrary to reason and science, sure the fathers of Christianity interpreted Genesis as literal in an age lacking in understanding, but there are no excuses in this age when we have the gift of scientific knowledge.

You've seen the benefits of science, our lives are dependant ever moment on science, why is it that you think it fails you just on interpreting Genesis? Do you think God gave us science just to lead us astray?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.