LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

I am with Chucke, not destroyed (actually still in the green)...

1. 1,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    I am with Chucke, not destroyed (actually still in the green) but definitely annoyed that Lynas have not become a producer yet.

Lynas should be having their time in the sun enjoying their time as a market leader. Instead we are languishing and the SP is in the doldrums.

Cast blame somewhere? There are plenty of threads aiming at everyone from the Chairman down to the cleaner at the Chinese military building.

Personally i believe it is a mix of a lack of foresight and planning by Lynas board initially (yes i agree that there are board mismanagement issues however please bear in mind that this is a world first so was always a work in progress scenario), add to this a political bun fight in Malaysia and Chinese money being fed into the extremist groups who would protest a shop front opening if they got a donation.

Add to that some well intended locals being fed information that is a big step away from the truth and you have far too many cooks involved.

Where to from here?

Don't know. Be patience or get out of Lynas? I am half out so clearly cant arrive at a decision however if i hadn't held for so long now i think my answer would be get out however i have made some coin, can see a future for Lynas so am holding what i have left for now.

GLTA and try and be fair minded when looking to cast blame for the inaction that is Lynas at the moment. Tough to do if you are down on the trade but that is the time to make a rational decision not shoot from the hip.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.