@1ronnie As soon as I see someone quoting the rather...

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @1ronnie As soon as I see someone quoting the rather 'im'personal pronouns 'they' and 'them ' I know that this is a person who goes through life looking over his or her shoulder to see who is lurking in the shadows out to get him or her.

I recently had occasion to request my 'envelope' of personal papers which I store at my local bank and I was impressed with the security protocol - like I thought my daughter (upon my death) would just need to provide a death certificate to have access - not so - she will need Power of Attorney, and also shown to the bank manager (while I am still alive and present with her) and entered 'into the books' etc. to have access, even then, every document taken etc. will be entered by the bank clerk. Having had plans to plant a little 'nest-egg' of $100 notes now and then, in same envelope, I gave up the idea, and will give it to her in real life, or start a share trading account in her name.
    . . . .
    and also ;having watching and observed the shenanigans of one particular company director (who shall remain nameless, of course) who has managed to hood-wink just about everyone about his doings, his financial dealings etc. - and I am sure, he is not the only one!! - I cannot see how the 'moneyed people' will agree to such controls over their/our financial doings. It is the moneyed people after all who have control over us, over banks, governments even.
    So it won't happen. All their tax havens will vanish - and what about the truly criminal amongst us, who never seem to die out? What are they going to do with their illicit earnings?

There will always be a way to side-step controls, no matter how well intentioned these controls are.

Re the 15km radius: do you realise that during most of the time that humanity has become settled, we never moved more than at the most in an approx. 30km radius from our villages, towns? It was only exceptional people who travelled. Yes, in the Middle Ages there was an apprenticeship system in Europe (I don't know about England) where young men, after having finished their first apprenticeships into a trade were going abroad to find another Master in order to learn more about their trade - and their chance of becoming a 'Master' themselves, often going to different countries for that.
    Also the medieval church builders of Europe often had a large contingent of Italian tradesmen, many eventually settling in other countries (my husband's family still has one branch with an Italian surname) -

But the majority of commoners spent their lives in a relatively small circle of home-town, village.

So we are used to stay in our 'home' place - always long for it when we have settled far away - with me it is only a little 'tug' every now and then.

Yes, maybe some countries will go the whole hog and embrace the new technologies, but I think human nature with all its great highways and criminal little by-ways will out, after a while.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.