AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

We NEED a new Chairman., page-23

1. 2,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1186
    Two points.

One.

Nigel, Rhett and company secretary Leonard Math have all worked with Klaus Eckhof - through Okapi Resources and others.

Before AVZ Mineral was renamed their were directors with the name Steinepreis - Steinepreis Pagain are the Solicitors listed on page 1 - the Corporate Directory - in the SPP.

My research showed when Klaus left AVZ after selling his shares he obtained a directorship at another company where another director was alao a Steinepreis.

My point is that AVZ directors and key personnel seem to have been recruited from a close circle. And it might be hard to find a Chairman that could BOTH ease concerns of the market and that would actually want to work with so many associates of Klaus.

Two.

I cannot see how an offtake agreement could have much appeal to any non chinese players given that the infrastructure to get offtake out is dependent on chinese and congolese delivering infrastructure.   How confident could they be that they'd actually get their offtake reliably and when they need it?

AVZ has been a learning experience for me. 

In hindsight I don't think AVZ have ever had enough control over the future value of their assets.  The things that AVZ management could do to build confidence - like show a detailed route out of Manono they only do in a superficial way that leaves even posters like Dr Manhattan doubting what look like goat trails are actually roads. Assurances that roads and infrastructure would be funded by arrangements between Cominere and Dathomir have never had the requisite certainty but have been accepted, I believe, by those that want to believe.

Klaus and AVZ management have essentially mined the retail shareholders with hand waving and vague promises. But in retrospect it is my fault for accepting the vagueness and the sloppiness that I have lost money.  The education will no doubt continue.  AVZ needs cash - hence the SPP - and the amount of cash they are asking for doesn't seem enough to tide them over to a time when an offtake agreement would make sense (I don't think it makes sense until there is a high degree of confidence that offtake will be delivered and that needs infrastructure development which is just too plain chancy until it is nearly done by the chinese in the DRC.).

JMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.