we need an inquiry into how Roe and Wade decision will affect this local waste of hospitals, page-7

1. 33,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    How can someone have a constitutional right to an abortion? As opposed to say maternity services, pre natal clinics, birthing wards, post natal care and the like? why fund death at the expense of the living?

The original decision in Roe v Wade was an odd decision and a rather divisive judgement, it seemed to support a right to death over a right to life.

Do we have a constitutional right to removal of say kidney stones? or a constitutional right to an appendix operation?

I could never see the constitutionality of a medical operation to terminate a birth. That is an odd constitution IMHO.

The original decision in Roe V Wade was legally questionable for many years, it is essentially about funding of a medical procedure.

I am not pro life but I thought Roe V Wade was wrong regardless of whether you are pro life or pro choice.

If pro choice is about funding of abortions as opposed to say pre natal clinics, maternity wards and birthing clinics and the like, then I can’t be pro choice but I think two thirds of Americans would not be pro choice either.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.