OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

I do not normally post on OZL and this is only my second post on...

1. 409 Posts.
    I do not normally post on OZL and this is only my second post on OZL and can only give you my experience to the unexperienced during these volatile times for which I have endevoured to survive on previous occassions. Let me give you some advice on cash. $510m Cash to a company of the size of OZL is nothing when a company has enormous cash burn even when it is producing at a profit let alone at a loss. Cash is like blood, a body has 6 pints of blood but when you have a major traumer like a limb loss you haemorage and even though you are full of blood when you lose you limb, it pretty well flows out very quickly. You may ask whats the analogy to OZL. Resussitation only works when you have blood. The question is where has the blood gone and how quickly did it go? Very quickly, it literally evaporated into overruns, propping up losing operations and unwisely and untimely expansions. OZl had $2.4b not long ago before crisis we are in now. Within a short time it has been reduced to on "Kenneths number" to $510m. Unfortunately OZL has lost more than one limb, its lost its copper limb, its lead limb and its zinc limb and its nickel limb. Its basically limbless. Prey you may ask, probably. Certainly with the great assests OZ has it may be a prime sacraficial lamb, but with not a lot of compamies in a good cash position and the banks having to be guaranteed by the government, one would have to ask who would lend on a company with no cash flow. The $510m may save one limb, but not 4 limbs. I see no way of OZL surviving on $510m unless the metals prices a rejuvinated.
    Can we blame OZL for what has happened? Well before you judge look at BHP how wrong have they been with the takeover of RIO. How could they have got it so wrong. Where were their experts, their so called master analysts.
    12 months after announcing a takeover the whole metal industry collapsed and the merger was called off. OZL is a sacrificial lamb of the times and so are a lot of other companies, BUT, you must take remedial action quickly, not wait, when you lose a limb, put on Tornaques. (I cant spell it)A tight bandage to stemm the blood flow. Lose another limb quickly get another tight bandage on. Dont wait till you bleed to death, because at the end of the day thats what shareholders are paying Directors for. Will a $510m booty of cash help. NO.Not if the management continue to sit on their hands . It will only put off the death and burial for a little longer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.