GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"we will provide additional support.”’bernanke, page-12

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    Danhoff,

For the gold price to go up it requires a constant supply of new participants. Isn't that some sort of ponzi scheme?

For your info. There had been no less than 71 systemic banking crises in the past 140 years (1870-2009) and that in just 14 countries. And guess what? Most of them under the gold standard.

And as you should know it was through recourse to debt that Britain financed its wars including those against France at the time of Napoleon. By the end of the Napoleonic War in 1816 the accumulated nominal British national debt was 1792 million, or rather more than 250 per cent of its national
    income. And it was paid.

By the way, how did you managed to buy your house?

And when it comes to bubbles, I suggest that you should start by leaning about them by learning about the tulip mania.

http://www.investopedia.com/features/crashes/crashes2.asp

Another thing, as I have already mentioned here QE just changes the type of debt, it swaps bonds for cash making an infusion of liquidity as bonds are less liquid than cash. Gov debt comes from the financing of gov spending through debt.

In addition to yhat a depression is a sustained economic recession in which a nation's Gross National Product (GNP) is falling and marked by low production and sales and a high rate of business failures and unemployment.

And as far as I know in the US unemployment has been falling and the economy growing albeit at a slow pace.

I am starting to think that perhaps before coming to post your nonsense here you should spend a bit of time researching your subject. Don't you think so?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.