WE WILL REMEMBER THEM, page-11

1. 86,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    There's a couple of things you might want to try before you die which may help clarify some things for you.

As I said - I walk by war plaques every day -- I often speak to the guys who died in Vietnam - they are about the same age as me ------ I served in 6 RAR - that's the Batillion that Australia had it's biggest battle in Vietnam

I also lived in Vietnam last year for many months - and, I lived with someone who's mother and father were born, survived the war and still live near (very near) My Lai.

Try speaking to those dead -- then, young - would be now grandfathers if they survived, had kids and the kids had kids - they would now be their grandchildren --

ask them what they think about being conscripted into a war - a war that had ZERO to do with us and history shows that the Nation we fought was ZERO threat to us whatsoever - remember - they won -and they haven't invaded --

then, visit Vietnam and stay for a long time - long enough to form several personal relationships - learn about the people, their lives, their desires etc.

at the same time - learn what it's like living in a country that you are free to do far more things than you are in this country - but, don't believe me on that - just go and see.
    Whilst there - try a visit to the My Lai museum - see what our best mates did there - and, by that time - you would have realised that for 1 to 2 years, there was a My Lai about every month - My Lai being the only one we heard about. You will find a lot of pictures there that we don't get to see here - I have some - but, if I posted them - they would be removed because of the graphic nature of them -------- violence that our allience perpetrated.
    When you realise that - you might want to think about where all the ex soldiers are living and how they are living who did that to people, old ladies, old men, babies, toddlers, children - and, perhaps you might want to think why such war criminals are roaming free now.

My argument is merely this ---------- the best way to respect those guys who I speak with most days, but, they don't say much back - and, the best way to respect the remainder of the families that we devestated in Vietnam for no reason whatsoever -

is to stop idiots of political parties from taking us to those completely pointless wars.

Whilst you ponder this ------------ try coming up with some names of Australian politicans who were drafted into the military and sent off to war -

just come up with one if you can find it -------- more if you can would be greatly appreciated. You will find several who volunteered - but, I suspect you won't find many who were drafted.

If you can't find one or many -------- perhaps ponder why - before you think I am being disrespectful to our lost soldiers and the peoples of the world who we multilated for no reason.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.