weak prices time to buy, page-32

1. 429 Posts.
    Play2Win,

Some good points, I'm not a owner so or a renovator...

Some of the older bread of house is very nice.
    I'm thinking brick 70's or something, i'm not sure.
    Did they make brick's in the 50's in QLD?

Being in QLD i would be talking about the old wooden box's.

I do agree up to a point in time the "newer" houses aren't build as sturdy and the newer products aren't nearly as good, "made in china" era has brought that on i think, cheapness to get profits means less quality ..

What year in QLD do you think that started? (or in aussie in general)?

The place you describe doesn't sound like a smaller 3bdroom queenslander house. (maybe WA is different, well it is the most remote city in the word perhaps its different there).

I like an open plan style, but i'm not a fan of stainless steel and glass everywhere.

I would prefer to buy a brick house lowset to 2 story than a wooden house i think?

46 hey! not a bad age, hope you got to buy in at the bottom of the boom in the late 70's and early 80s, you got 16 years on me so i wasn't around to simply buy a house and make vasts amount of bucks.

You can understand why i complain about wooden overpriced shoe box's in QLD.. its the land not the house that has the value there.

North of MT Gravatt to CBD i wonder what % of them are wood.

How new is Perth when compared to Brisbane?
    I know Auckland is a lot newer than Brisbane so i guess I'm just used to the brick style houses etc...

(you don't have to tell me about poor quality new houses, anyone want a leaky roof?)

However, the old QLD wooden house renovated are nice, but their a million bucks plus.

Cheers,
    AL

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.