wealth - what does it all mean?

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I have been pondering the nature of all this potential collapse of debt, indebtedness, and wealth as a concept rather than a bank balance.
    What is wealth?
    The age of computers was 'supposed' to free us all (well most of us anyway) from the tiresome labors of many menial tasks, but as we could generally attest we are now working longer hours and with more stress! So... if you can change your mind set and accept idle hours are actually worth quite a lot irrespective of the output of those hours then suddenly all our running about in (essentially) meaningless jobs and pursuits would be worthless, while kicking back with mates and going for a surf etc would suddenly be worth a lot.

Food and shelter aside what are you really worth? I am not suggesting a free lunch for all, just a reality check about how dire our situation really is - not very dire at all as the safety net of most of the world will catch almost all the people who are in real need. So long as food, water, sense of worth, and shelter are in abundance then the price of a house or ounce of gold really does not mean much.

Have a good weekend. I have a position and remain a long term buy so long as I am alive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.