1PG 0.00% 16.5¢ 1-page limited

3 ASX growth shares that need your attention now [IMG] By Ryan...

1. 34,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9076
    3 ASX growth shares that need your attention now

By Ryan Newman - February 29, 2016

Investors often look towards the blue-chip shares as their first point of call, usually because they’re regarded as being reliable and offer great dividends. The fact that they’re well followed by the investment community and written about regularly in the newspapers can also add that extra layer of comfort.

But while that might be the case, there’s also a great argument for investing in growth shares as well – some of which may actually become leaders of their own industries in the future.

For starters, there is their ability to grow considerably in size over the coming years, whereas the blue chips have typically already done most of their growing. Meanwhile, the fact that the blue-chips are so widely followed in the media makes it difficult to ‘gain an edge’ over your fellow investor, while the up-and-comers can typically be ignored until many of the gains have already been made.

With that in mind, here are three ASX companies that are worth your attention right now. While they might be expensive, they could still be worth a closer look.

1-Page Ltd (ASX: 1PG)

It’s been a rough six months for shareholders of 1-Page, who have watched their shares plunge almost 60% from a high of $5.69 to $2.31 today. In saying that, they’re still trading at a 1,055% premium to their October 2014 offer price of just 20 cents.

1-Page is a Silicon Valley-based business that provides cloud-based human resources from a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. It claims that its products can save both time and costs in the hiring process, whilst also improving staff retention rates, and it is being employed up by an increasingly large customer base.

Of course, there are risks involved in owning shares of the business and it is still very early days, but there are certainly some encouraging signs. I own shares in the business and would be interested in increasing my stake if the shares were to fall much further.

However, I’ll also be watching to ensure they can retain the new customers they sign up, while I would also hope to see some more meaningful cash receipts in the upcoming periods.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1PG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.