AJX 0.00% 0.8¢ alexium international group limited

Firstly, in answer to the question about resins/circuit boards -...

1. 5,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18334
    Firstly, in answer to the question about resins/circuit boards - no, it wasn't addressed.

I just wanted to expand a bit more on the first part of the webcast which covered the military program. Dirk seemed keen to emphasise the potential value of this market for Alexium.

To recap, 90% of men and women in uniform wear standard army combat uniform. It’s made from a nylon/cotton blend, is extremely tough wearing and cheap (at $6 per linear metre) But it has no flame retardancy. In fact, the nylon component, when melted, causes worse injury to the skin than flame alone.

The other 10% of army combat uniforms use FR fabric, which is 65% by weight FR rayon. Its disadvantages are its high cost (4 x that of NyCo) and low durability (only 1/4 to 1/2 the life of NyCo).

It was explained that these two fabric types are used across all four branches of the US military and that most of the US allies have something similar.

It was said that the supply of FRACU (i.e. 10% of the military uniform market) yielded the incumbent supplier ~ $1 billion during the decade 1995-2005.

So supply of FR fabric in military uniforms has been worth $100 million pa. Petra Capital has estimated that Alexium FR fabric would cost roughly half the incumbent and halve the number of uniforms required. That suggests Alexium could draw $25 million pa from replacing this 1/10 section of the uniform market.

So what value per annum does that put on the potential supply of FR fabric across 100% of uniforms in all four branches of the US military, plus its allies?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $92 11.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 484425 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 706022 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.05pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.