KCN 0.32% $1.56 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Before the 1/2 yearly is released today/next week, my notes from...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Before the 1/2 yearly is released today/next week, my notes from the the last presentation on 30 Jan, mainly Plant 1 (1st question). Feel free to correct if I misheard or didn't note down correctly:

Jamie detailed update on Plant 1, citing delays due to the sourcing and coordination of parts like the cyclone cluster and Sag mill screen, crucial components of the grinding circuit. Explained the intricacies involved in acquiring these parts, including the need to manufacture the Sag mill screens specifically to fit the plant's requirements, as it's not a standard off-the-shelf solution. Additionally, highlighted the efforts to retrofit the older technology of Plant 1 to meet modern standards, emphasising the challenge of integrating it with more recent advancements in gold processing and refining. Reassured shareholders that the majority of the structural work is complete, with testing underway on the tanks and dry testing of the crushing circuit.

Discussed the proactive measures taken to maintain Plant 1 during its six-year hiatus, including jacking up of mills to prevent rusting in the high rainfall environment. He underscored the significance of these efforts in preserving the infrastructure of the plant, which was originally built in 2001 and is now 23yo. By retrofitting and upgrading Plant 1, they aim to not only bring it back online but also enhance its efficiency to extract more gold, thereby maximising its potential in the current operational setup. Provided context for shareholders regarding the complexities involved in reviving an older plant and aligning it with modern standards and practices, demonstrating the company's commitment to operational excellence.

He expressed optimism about the progress made on Plant 1, highlighting that the major structural work is nearly completed (didn't define "nearly"), with the focus shifting towards testing and commissioning. He drew parallels with the successful commissioning of Plant 2, suggesting a similar timeline could be expected for Plant 1 once all necessary components are in place. Reassured shareholders of the company's dedication to providing updates as the project progresses, hinting at forthcoming videos to showcase the final stages of the process/when they push start button. <end>

I can try and post more if anyone interested, but its not as interesting and basically the holding off of blasting, forward reporting/monthly report explanation, the refiners, exploration in Lao, Bangkok Post article, TAFTA, Thai Bank loan (key comment from my notes 'in event that plant 2 blew up, or other catastrophic failure/event with equipment, we would have been stuffed'), Zurich, etc etc I also missed the last part of the call, sorry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.56
Change
0.005(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $403.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.56 $1.59 $1.54 $410.3K 263.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1375 $1.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.56 2867 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.56
  Change
0.005 ( 0.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.58 $1.59 $1.54 20876
Last updated 14.57pm 06/05/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.