BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Webinar Questions, page-117

1. 9,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    yes... a few contenders for sarah huckabee sanders job

the non disclosure that Telstra talks meant cessation of direct installs in Australia - the 80 to 3000 inital trial order of which was a key driver of the sp run from 6c-40c - is a fact, is it not?

ie its likely the CEO's share sales went to at least some buyers who thought 80 to 3000 direct Australian installs were on pace to deliver income from dec or at least March quarter,

the many many semantic/signalling misdirections around things like
    - 'Digicel minimum sales commitments',
    - 'follow on interest- purchase orders',
    - Digicel rollout on pace during cap raising despite hurricane - off pace by +6 months post cap raise
    - 'no push back on price increases' - yet takeup anaemic - suggesting it was distributor talks not customers
    -'conversion rate gone from 40% to 50%' in Feb - but non disclosure that was off much lower sales base than market had been led to understand (because no direct, no ingram micro, no saskatchewan )
    i could go on...

also facts are they not?

trumps approach of saying multiple falsehoods repeatedly is a variation on this - but he has a much freer hand because he's not under any regime requiring him to be fact based

and finally $760k - fully booked as opposed to whats been reported - would still be short of expectation. as I said $1m+ might have started to be close enough to work from without an sp shock.

but... look
    some here are worried about the reliability of corporate information.

some just dont care - as long as the end result is a strong commercial enterprise and higher sp.

lets not forget jobs was a renowned shonk who bsd apple into existence from the first day - when he lied about competing orders to up his first order 0- and lied again about how many motherboards they could deliver.

some will think ends justify means and some early stage investors who put their trust in the wrong releases - or non-releases- are just roadkill.

which brings it down to the non religious item to be discussed - earnings

it promised J curve. It then got priced back to 'hopefully' linear.

Now its delivered what looks like negative to flat Ohm sales growth in q418 vs q318 - after ~12 months of sales efforts - typically a point you;d expect to sales conversion rates to become fairly indicative

Ohm and Buddy Cloud was attracting heavy 'pull' demand based on the company's forecasts and iniital campaign reports and webinars.

The numbers disclosed to this point do not support this view

Suggests BUD may need to revisit its high burn rate corporate architecture - and is yet to develop the killer app that makes demand for Ohm truly 'pull'.

I suspect its a lack of control functionality that may hurt most there - but think thats what investors from here should really drill down on. Im only guessing.

Thats where the gist of the webinar can functionally work imo. There is zero point talking to the current BUD CEO about his asymmetric information management style.

I dont personally for one second think Ohm is useless. But it not the want verging on need it was made out to be for past 12 months. The financials just dont support it,

That - together with the rampant growth in competition in this space means the next steps will decide company survival.

sensors are cheap and available everywhere. cloud based dbs and uis same. Its a space with grave danger of massive margin compression and race to lowest cost denominator.

thats what id focus on if i was still in the stock - and digging down for real granular sales data.

the regulators, hedge funds and so on will worry about the existential questions

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.