BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

the track record doesnt suggest anything but carrots will be...

1. 9,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3480
    the track record doesnt suggest anything but carrots will be offered

but perhaps im too cynical. i;ve met many sociopath ceos

the crucial items it would seem to me would be

- why wasnt market informed direct installs were stopped at time of commencing Telstra discussions? The previous information had been 80 trials were commencing in Australia that were a channel into 3000 installs potentially

If that effort was canned it was material - if investors had known this then been told of indirect being pushed out to June - most shrewd investors would have sold down or out and got back in in July

The market was clearly of the understanding both direct and indirect distribution would be occurring - albeit emphasis was going to be on indirect for scale - and the tenor of company information was that both areas were progressing well

To my knowedge this material information wasnt disclosed until put out in a private email to an investor ~6 weeks ago

As importantly - why would you possibly do that? It makes no sense for a startup to risk its commercial future stopping promising lines of business trial for a negotiation that may or may not bear fruit

(the honest answer i expect is they were never really serious about direct installs and just used that to jimmy up the sp - but the effort and resource demands are just too great for a tiny little company with most of its people in the US

- why publicise telstra deal and inventory orders (not directly material but great bait as it infers real demand) - both positive - yet not announce delays in Digicel rollout and cancellation of direct install efforts?

At that time there was already 1000 full systems and you were ordering more - yet there would appear to be less than 100 revenue generating Ohm systems. While inventory is required - given the massive gap between paying installs and ordered units why wasnt it disclosed the majority of the units to date were not revenue generating.

this - together with the initial direct install and indirect demand numbers significantly misled the market as to the actual stage of the business

this is selective disclosure of positive vs negative material info - and led to sp rising sharply post cap raise - into which both the funds and yourself were able to sell

- bringing us to the present - how many paying Ohm's are installed? failure to divulge would be the last breach of trust

- what precisely was the 'derisking' BUD undertook in setting its sales forecasts with each of the distribution partners? What are the specific insurances that each partner will meet its targets - if any?

If there are no insurances how could a responsible executive think it was appropriate to issue targets for an untried product?

there's more but i cant really be bothered any more. brazen burleying has gone on here.

appears to be just another kogan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.