AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

website, page-12

1. 4,255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    I didn't realise this bit ... under the Charters Towers description on the website...

"Drilling has intersected what appears to be the margin of a molybdenum copper porphyry system, intersecting widespread mineralisation from 77m to 148m at the end of one drill hole."

Hi Exberliner

I was not sure what this meant but thought I would have a closer look on google. This seems to have big potential like you pointed out?

"Porphyry copper deposits are copper orebodies which are associated with porphyritic intrusive rocks and the fluids that accompany them during the transition and cooling from magma to rock. Circulating surface water or underground fluids may interact with the plutonic fluids. Successive envelopes of hydrothermal alteration typically enclose a core of ore minerals disseminated in often stockwork-forming hairline fractures and veins. Porphyry orebodies typically contain between 0.4 and 1% copper with smaller amounts of other metals such as molybdenum, silver and gold.

The first mining of low-grade copper porphyry deposits from large open pits coincided roughly with the introduction of steam shovels, the construction of railroads, and a surge in market demand near the start of the 20th century. Some mines exploit porphyry deposits that contain sufficient gold or molybdenum, but little or no copper."

"Porphyry copper deposits are currently the largest source of copper ore. Most of the known porphyrys are concentrated in: western South and North America and Southeast Asia and Oceania - along the Pacific Ring of Fire; the Caribbean; southern central Europe and the area around eastern Turkey; scattered areas in China, the Mideast, Russia, and the CIS states; and eastern Australia"

This could be another tenement/resource with potential if I am reading this correctly??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.